I don't remember ever being quite so excited about the start of a new year.
The first half of 2021 is going to be tough, that's for sure. But there is hope in the air.
An end to the pandemic is in sight. The vaccines are rolling out, we know there will be a time when we can all travel, go out for dinner, go to concerts and the theatre, and get back together with our loved ones again. The prospect of the world opening up again will get us through the next few months.
The bit between Christmas and New Year is a reflective time of year. One for looking forward as much as looking back, so I want to share some of our plans for the future with you, because we have some plans we're really excited about for 2021.
This is what's on the horizon:
- Making our subs even more personalised: by location, light and shade, and customer preferences, and more (tell us what you want by emailing email@example.com!)
- Developing our VIP offering (we appreciate you SO much!)
- Developing our website so that we're positioned to become an industry-defining platform
- Continuing to build up our one-off plant offerings
- Introducing more plant-related accessories to the site (think trowels, gloves, planters, pots, books)
- Improving our sustainability credentials and commitment to the environment (peat free/plastic free)
- Making the website more user-friendly.
- We'll also be building out our team over the course of the year. Watch out for a couple of dreamy roles that will be hitting the website in early January (Marketers and Techies, we're looking at you).
These are all the things that we have formalised and planned for. But there are a few fun experiments we want to run too, and we'll see where these take us. Here's a sneak peak at some of them:
- Rewarding our customers in random fun, and - hopefully - unpredictable ways.
- Reintroducing competitions, launching treasure hunts (hint: stay tuned later this week!) and quizzes to help you build your plant knowledge.
- More free educational content (watch for some fun story arcs in our ads and on social media!)
- Lazy Flora TV (first couple of episodes coming very early in the new year with a very special guest!)
Like most people, our plans for 2020 year were completely bulldozed by Covid. So if you're paying attention and read our review of 2019, you'll notice we didn't achieve everything we hoped for this year.
This year was mostly about keeping our heads above water and adapting as quickly as possible to the Covid19 pandemic. Right now, Brexit is presenting hard-to-predict challenges. But we're pros at dealing with the unknown by now.
But for 2021, we're ready. We're poised, and we've taken time to gather ourselves. We're ready now to show you what we're really capable of. Our goal is to build the best hassle-free gardening business you could ever hope to find.
But we can't do it without you, and we'll be checking in with you regularly to make sure we're still getting it right.
I hope you'll join us for the ride!
Thank you for being amazing supporters of this passionate and overexcited business.
Wishing you all the best for 2021.
Lazy Flora Founder.